Hello there Driftwood!
The word is the fishing is GREAT! Calm waters, light breezes. The salmon is running, indicated by our friendly seals in the harbor. What a fun sight to see as they splash around.
You may have noticed, we’ve been making some improvements to our social media sites:
- Have you seen our web page? It has a new look. Be sure to check us out at driftwoodmarina.com.
- While you are at it, be sure to like and follow us on Facebook, click here http://bit.ly/driftwoodfb . We post fun stuff and event notices there.
In other news:
- Boat registration bills for 2018-2019 have gone out. Please be sure to send in a copy of your registration as soon as you received your new tags. You don’t want to be on Kathy’s naughty list ;-p!!
- Many of you have noticed that we are removing some of the palm trees. We had one fall and damage the dock. Thank goodness it didn’t hit a boat or worse, a person. Please understand we think they are beautiful too, but for safety sake, we are removing only the ones that are unstable. Driftwood will still be a beautiful venue. Bonnie does an amazing job with the grounds keeping.
- The front gate will be closing for the winter at 7pm, effective December 1, 2017. Please be sure to keep your gate card in your vehicle if you will be arriving at the marina after 7pm.
Please note, the office will be closed for the holidays as follows: Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, and New Year’s Day.
The staff of Driftwood wants to take this time to thank you for being a part of our community. We also wish you exceptional holidays and remind you to check out the harbor decorations in December!